Podcasting is growing and digital marketers are putting in efforts to grow their podcasts.
If you are planning to start a podcast or new to this field, you need something to record and edit your podcast.
Many tools are available online that are working for this purpose. These are called Digital Audio Workstations (DAW), some of them edit and record automatically, some master it for you, and some handle all of it for you.
You can find web-based software solutions along with install computer programs as well. The vast majority of podcasters need online call facility within their podcast recording software. Some need audio editing programs whereas others need podcast recording facility.
What is The Best Podcast Recording Software?
The best podcast recording tools are those that help you record, edit, and master your podcasts by keeping your podcasting workflow smooth.
Some of the best podcasting tools are:
- Adobe Audition
- Hindenburg Journalist
- Ecamm Call Recorder
- Twisted Wave
- Garage Band
This podcast recording software records the complete interviews and calls from both ends of conversations. You can send links to your guests( maximum three guests).
The cloud records the interview as an audio file and uploads it on the host’s drive in real-time. After the completion of an interview, the audio is available for editing.
- It allows you to podcast with video.
- It automatically saves to the cloud.
- It offers multi-track recordings.
It is a web-based podcast recording software that records on your individual computer. Its recording quality is great and records at both the ends of conversations (host and guest).
- Its basic version gives you unlimited calls and delivers great quality.
- It also works on mobile.
- It offers unlimited storage and calling.
- It allows the double-ended recording ( host and guest).
It is a free podcast recording and editing software with all the powerful features you ever need for your podcast. It is best for beginner podcasters.
- It helps you to record, edit, clean up, and track audios.
- It allows you to export different file types.
- It offers many online tutorials.
- It can easily run on MAC and Windows Linux.
- It offers full recording and editing services.
- It has multiple import and export options.
Adobe Audition is the best audio recording, mixing, and editing software. It is a comprehensive toolset that includes multitrack, waveform, and spectral display for creating, mixing, editing, and restoring audio content. It is the perfect option for professional podcasters.
- Its design accelerates video production workflows and audio finishing.
- It delivers a polished mix with pristine sound.
- It offers free sounds effects.
- It allows audio mixing and mastering.
This podcast recording software is mainly for podcasters and radio broadcasters. You can record, edit, and upload your files directly on Sound Cloud and Libsyn by using this software.
- It helps you to edit and combine a few different interviews and clips.
- It sets the audio levels automatically.
- It allows you to upload files directly to the streaming services.
- Its clipboard saves the interview clips for later use.
It is a podcast recording tool that offers a wide range of multitrack recordings, editing, mixing, and mastering. It is also one of the best options for editing.
- It runs on all the windows.
- It is very fast to load the results.
- It has a fully-functional DAW for recording and editing.
- It offers UI/UX customization.
It is a fast and affordable podcast recording tool and one of the best audio editing tools that offer perfect editing. This company analyzes your podcasts for different things.
- It levels your audio and reduces noise.
- It exports files to YouTube.
- It transcribes audio in over 80 languages.
- It saves your time.
- It saves audio files to SoundCloud, Libsyn, Google Drive, Dropbox, and others.
It is one of the best podcasting tools that record each guest as a separate lossless WAV track and saves it to the host’s drive and cloud services. It is a web-based program for podcast production. You can use its soundboard in the middle of the recording.
- It offers WAV and MP3 recording.
- It saves directly to drive and cloud.
- It has the best audio quality with auto-processing.
- You can add unlimited guests to the software.
Ecamm Call Recorder
This podcast recording software is the best option for Mac users. It records Skype audio and video calls directly to your Mac. Records automatically, or use the record and stop buttons.
- It offers high-quality HD recordings.
- It easily converts your calls into MP3 files for podcasting.
- It offers a multi-track recording feature to split tracks after a call.
- It has silence detectors for finding dead spots in your audio.
- You can use it on your mobile phones.
- It offers a high-quality recording and editing of tracks.
This podcasting software is for Mac users that record and edit audio. You can conveniently use it on your Apple devices and easily continue from where you left off on a different device. It does not support multi-track recording.
- It is free to use and available on Apple devices.
- It is easy to use.
Avid Pro Tools:
It is one of the best professional audio recording and editing platforms that offer the latest features to record your podcast.
- It allows a wide range of mixing multiple tracks.
- It helps you to add effects to recordings.
- It allows you to connect with your team through a cloud.
- It runs on Windows and macOS.
- It doesn’t ask for a guest’s account; only the host needs it.
- It offers multitrack recordings.
- It adjusts level at the time of recording.
- It is best for podcasters with long episodes.
Can I record Podcast on my phone:
All smart phones with the feature of internal microphones can record audio for your podcast. To improve the audio of your recording its better to use the external microphone.
How Do I Record Podcasts Virtually?
You can record podcasts virtually by using online video conferencing tools like Skype or Zoom. The best thing is that your guests can also record using these platforms even if they don’t have a good quality microphone.
Other resources to help you out: